You read it right – a lot of scams have taken place on online dating websites. If you want to avoid scams on online dating sites, the first thing that you need to do is know what kinds of things can happen to and with you. No doubt it is good to meet different people and know more stories from them, but you need to be careful about who you meet and where.
Here are the top five scams that have happened in the past, are happening at present and can happen with you as well:
- Men talking under the disguise of a woman: This is one of the worst scams on online dating sites that can happen to anyone, anywhere. It doesn’t matter if you are a man or a woman, if you want to talk to a woman, you should not be directed or forced to talk to men. After spending a few days of talking to a woman, what if you realize you had been talking to a man all this while? What about all those good conversations?
- Fake individuals luring genuine people and taking money from them: This is something that has happened to a lot of people already; individuals get close to you; you fall in love with them, despite not meeting them. What happens next is that they ask for money from you and tell you such a convincing story that you just can’t say no. Your kindness makes you give them money and they end up fooling you.
- Websites take fees for membership, but in the end, you end up being drowned in fake profiles and BOTS: There are a lot of fake dating websites on internet; they make you pay for their membership and in the end, you realize that the website either does not exist at all or you drown in the pond of fake profiles.
- Direct emails are sent to you, inviting you to talk to women, who actually don’t exist: If you have recently received emails from attractive women, don’t fall for the trap – such emails are nothing but scams on online dating sites. In the end, you would be the only person getting hurt. It is better to ignore such emails.
- Fake photo scams: This is a very common scam that almost each one of us has gone through or goes through; you see fake photos of people and don’t realize it until you meet them.
Filipina Dating Scam